Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the answer!

That was the theme of our WW meeting today...emotional eating. I'm a stress eater and that's why my thighs rub together. That and the fact that I love chocolate! WW is helping me think before I eat. Am I hungry or is there another reason I want to munch? I like my leader. She is really good and very sweet.

OK, so drum roll please...I lost 1.4 pounds this week. I can't lie, at first I was a little disappointed. I was hoping to have lost 2, but when I at down and looked at my book I realized I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks and then I felt much better. I'm not trying to lose it super fast, and I need to keep remembering that and have patience.

I'm mad at myself because I made a goal to exercise three times last week and I only did it once. I went for a super long walk on Monday, up and down hills. It was great, but I should have done more. So now I'm having to resort to drastic measures. Here's the deal...I am going to exercise three times this week and if I don't I'm going to give Jake a foot massage. Thinking about rubbing his stinky teenage feet will surely get me going. I constantly bribe Jake to rub my feet. He gets 30 minutes of Nintendo time each day, and he can earn more by rubbing my barking dogs...if you know what I mean! I know what you're thinking...I'm a genius! Jake's feet look (and smell) like they belong on a dead man. The thought of rubbing them will get me out the door and on the move! It's ridiculous that I have to stoop to this, but whatever it takes is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Pam. A weight loss two weeks in a row! If you lose something (no matter how small)every single weigh-in, sooner or later, you'll be skinny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a great idea, foot rubs for Wii time! I'll have to do that with Alex. -Janice

    ReplyDelete