Saturday, January 10, 2009

I had "a day"!

You know how when people say they've had "a day" they usually don't mean it in a happy way. Well, yesterday I had "a day". It wasn't terrible, but it was just weird.

Shelby's car was stolen from off our driveway over three weeks ago. On Thursday they found it at a motel (ewwww) in Corona. So yesterday afternoon I had to drive to Corona to sign a release form at the police department so the insurance company can pick it up from the impound lot.

I wasn't very hungry when I left on my journey but I took a bag of lite microwave popcorn along for the drive. I ate it along the way and it really filled me up. Popcorn is a good choice...low in points and very filling! Popcorn is my friend! Popcorn makes you thirsty so I took a BIG travel cup full of Crystal Lite. Not the best idea I've ever had before a long drive.

Anywho, once I got to Corona I really had to go #1. Any good weight watcher knows you need to drink lots of water, and all that water has made me spend some serious time in the loo. I didn't want to use the bathroom at the police station because I was in a hurry to get to the impound lot before dark so I could survey the damage to the car, figuring I'd use the pottie there. That was not a good idea! An impound lot is run by tow truck drivers. Do I need to say more? I was too scared to use the loo there because I imagined it being worse than the restroom at the Union 76 in Baker, CA. (That's a memory that has given me post traumatic stress syndrome!)

So I left the lot with a more than full bladder and began the drive home. I did have to stop for gas, but I do not under any circumstances use gas station restrooms, most especially the ones that are outside and involve a key hanging from a tire rim. No way, no how! It's never gonna happen!

So off I went, toward Oceanside, in a rented car, with a full bladder. I mention the word "rented" because at one point I considered using the seat as a toilet, knowing I wouldn't be driving it more than a few days more. I refrained!

I had to stop at Target in Lake Elsinore so I finally found a place suitable to "go" if you know what I mean. By this time I was slightly paniced. I was walking fast and was basically a weight watchers woman with a mission. I flew into the restroom, noted that is was a 6 on the 1-10 clean scale, realized I didn't have many choices and headed into the stall. Now here is where my huge dilema arrived...no seat protectors. And I don't mean the dispenser was empty, I mean there were no dispensers... anywhere! Do the folks in Lake Elsinore think they don't have cooties? SICK!

So it was time to do the squat and hold as I relieved my stress. The only problem with the squat and hold is that it's been many moons since I've done squats. Even back in the days when I was attending my Muscle Max class faithfully each week I would experience the shakes during squats. Come on, ladies, you know what I mean. Well, a full bladder does not empty quickly, and the squat shakes set in way before I was done. There was no choice but to sit, on an unprotected seat, and much to my chagrin I realized all too soon not a dry one.

So, as you can see, I had "a day" but at least the rental car is still pee free! There's always a silver lining!


P.S. Here's a pic of the trunk of Shelby's car. The car is a huge mess. We're pretty sure it will be totaled. The good news is that they caught the criminals who stole it...red handed! They were actually driving the vehicle when the cops found them. They ran over or hit something and a part fell off from the underneath side of the car so they threw it in the trunk. They also sold the spare tire and used the hole where it had been for a trash can. IDIOTS!




3 comments:

  1. Waaay fun! Did you know that the only airport with seat protectors in the rest rooms seems to be in San Diego- They don't believe in them in Houston or Ft. Lauderdale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just wrong! I seriously think someone should invent disposable toilet seats. You push the handle, with your foot, of course, and the whole seat gets sucked down the drain and a new one appears without you ever having touched anything! That would make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!

    I have noticed that California seems to be one of the few states that cares about sanitation!

    Also, I told Pam last night that between her squatting and shaking, it was probably her own fault that the seat was not dry.

    Pam said--"that's a happy thought!"

    Kathy A.

    ReplyDelete